Trustees act as voting members of the Board with full authority and responsibility to develop policies, procedures and regulations for the operation of the Foundation, and to monitor the Foundation’s financial health, programs and overall performance.
- Attend quarterly Board meetings and special meetings, as scheduled;
- Develop, modify, and approve the policies under which the Foundation and its committees operate;
- Periodically review compliance by the Foundation and trustees with its policies and procedures and any applicable laws and regulations;
- Actively participate in strategic planning to set Foundation objectives;
- Participate in periodic processes to evaluate the Foundation’s performance in achieving its mission and objectives;
- Authorize new Activity Committees by approving their bylaws, approve modifications to bylaws for existing Committees, and dissolve Committees that fail to function;
- Serve as a resource and liaison of the Foundation for one or more Activity Committees, including attending Activity Committee meetings as necessary;
- Serve on ad-hoc and other committees of the Foundation as requested by the President or Board of Trustees;
- Review grant requests and vote on grant approvals;
- Represent the Foundation at public meetings, community gatherings, issue-specific meetings, or other events as requested by the President or Board of Trustees;
- Provide oversight of fiscal activity of the Foundation and its committees, including review of expenditures, the spending policy, and the investment policy;
- Appoint new trustees;
- Annually elect the executive officers of the Foundation from among members of the Board of Trustees;
- Shall be a resident of Oak Park at the time of appointment;
- Understand and accept the responsibilities of a Trustee as shown above;
- Be willing to devote time and effort to the Foundation;
- Demonstrate independent judgment;
- Demonstrate a commitment to volunteer service for the community;
- Demonstrate honesty and integrity;
- Have the ability to work as a member of a team;
- Be able to lead discussions, focus on key issues, and provide guidance on a variety of topics.
Interested in Joining
- The Foundation is always looking for new volunteers to join our Board. If you are interested, please email us.